Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Recovery Day

How was everyone's 4th?! Mine was a ton of fun- I wish I had pictures for you, but I spent ~8 hrs floating down the James in a tube and didn't take my camera!! My face is pretty sunburnt- my nose always gets it the worst. I was even brave enough (liquid courage) to jump off the 2nd highest rock on the cliff jumps. I am bruised and battered all over from my many adventures that day. I lost my tube at some point along the river and swam the last 1/2 mile through the rapids tubeless so I'm a little scraped up. It was a so much fun...however----my body needed a full day to recover.


It could have been the 5 lbs of chinese food we stuffed down at the buffet after the trip or just plain old exhaustion, but I felt like an elephant had slept on me when I woke up Monday morning. At first I thought my legs were on fire, then I realized it must be a sunburn, then after inspection- no it was hundreds of tiny cuts all up and down them from my fruitless trek through the brambles looking for a "secret river." (It turned out it was too low to get in.) Aside from the scrapes, I have a killer bruise on my left arm- literaly a foot long- from jumping in the water and smacking it, as well as an oozing puncture wound in my foot. Fortunately, my work was closed on the 5th and Matt didn't have to go in either.


We spent the day nursing our wounds, playing fat princess, grilling out, and enjoying each other's company. It was nice to get to relax with Matt for a while before starting our crazy weeks. I had french fries for lunch (It was a recovery day! Don't judge!) 6pts- they were baked and organic.

For dinner, Matt grilled me a hot dog 6pts and I had some more fries 4pts. Om nom nom.

I had a few chips while reading Harry Potter (we are reading the series again. I HATE the 2nd book- which we are reading now. I can't wait to get through the 1st 3.) for 3pts and some blueberry cobbler 2pts for dessert later.

MONDAY STATS:
Points: 21/23
Weekly Allowance Points: 0 left /35 weekly
Exercise: couch potato!
Weekly Weight Loss: Weight Watchers Was Closed Today/ -29 lbs total


Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!