Monday, November 5, 2012

11/5 - Pumpkin, Black Bean, Sriracha Chili

I tracked yesterday! AND I'm going to my WW meeting this week. Last week was insanely busy. I had normal work ~47 hours, and lab work for an additional 30 hours! I felt like I was under a bus. I've been working in the lab to help the hubs out with his research.

No breakfast Sunday, I slept in. I did laundry and picked up in the morning before heading out to grab lunch for Lexus and I. Look at this handsome guy.

He's almost a Halloween baby. I got to spend some time with him and his momma Sunday. He is precious.

I had a southwest salad with avocado from Trinity for lunch for 7pt+.

After lunch, I scrambled to get to our double header kickball games +11 activity pts. Then it was errands and the grocery store for me. I have to get my food ready for the week before it starts in order to be at all successful. 

I had some ideas floating around in my mind for meals for the week. I saw this pumpkin, black bean, sriracha chili on Hungry Meets Healthy over the weekend and knew I had to try this. With the hubbs out of town at Oakridge, I could indulge in meatless meals. I made some adjustments which are listed below, but the flavor is amazing and unexpected. My roomie and I gobbled it up for dinner.

  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1.5 cup canned white corn
  • 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 can pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 jalepeno
  • 4.5-5 Tbsp sriracha
  • 2 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2-3 cups water (or combination of water and vegetable broth)
Follow the instructions on Xtina's site! I had to add liquid to get the consistency I wanted and added some extras for heat. I love spicy food, and this took the chili to the perfect amount of heat to make your nose run a little. :)

I had one serving for 5pts+ and its a power food if you follow weight watchers. You're welcome! Go make it, and hit up Hungry Meets Healthy and tell her you made it.

TOTAL: 12/26
ACTIVITY: 11 today / 11 weekly
Weekly Points Remaining: 49/49 (although I didn't track over the weekend)


Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!