Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do the rain gods not know it's Grilling Season?

One thing I love about summer in Charlottesville is that nearly the whole city smells like a big cookout. Everyone is outside with friends, family, and beer cooking- all of the time. Yesterday was gorgeous and when I got off work, and per the usual, Matt and I pulled out some steaks and scavenged some veggies from the bottom of the fridge and got to work.

Maybe I need one of these?

About the time I finished prepping the red potatoes and Matt had finished marinating the steak, it started a downpour- full out monsoon. Having already invested 20 minutes and a grocery run into my grilled potato recipe, I decided to embrace it and grill anyway. We grabbed umbrellas to protect the food and grilled in the rain until we were sopping wet.

Of course around the time we finished grilling, the sun came out and it stopped raining. We got in a nice walk and enjoyed the rest of the evening outside. As I said in yesterday's post, I am trying to find a healthy way to lose weight that works with my lifestyle/schedule. Currently, I'm moving toward old-fashioned calorie counting. We'll see how it goes. I weighed in Monday morning at 168.8 lbs. Definitely up from my low around 155.

Daily Nosh: English muffin with Philly Cream cheese and Jam,
Greek Salad with brined turkey, tomatoes, feta, and cucumber
Kettle Chips
3 oz. Grilled steak and red potatoes
Total Calories: 1,255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!