Monday, April 23, 2012

First 5k

I ran my first race ever on Saturday! It was the Virginia Institute of Autism 5k, and an absolutely gorgeous morning to be running. There were so many people I knew through work at the event and it was a lot of fun to run with everyone for such a great organization and great cause. 

I ran with Megan, a friend from work, and we set our record for the year which we hope to beat soon at 38 minutes. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures, but here's a shot of all 800 of us lined up to start.


I didn't realize how slow races start when you're trying to get out of that huge pack!! After we finished the race, we headed out to the rocket town beer and music festival where we got rained on all day for Meg's birthday. 
Megan and I got a picture with one of the band members

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!