Friday, July 20, 2012

7/20 - What's in Those Cookies?!

I had a pretty stinking un-productive day at work Thursday. I was continually letting myself get distracted by parents and students. It was nice to talk to people, but didn't help me finish my to-do list. Going to fix that today. 

For lunch, I got to enjoy a real treat. I went to lunch with Lori, a friend who I met through being a client where I work. Lori is what you would call a power health mom. Her daughter was diagnosed with a severe case of Celiac's (coma level severe) over a year ago and she has since made it her mission to learn about natural healing, eating, and body restoration. She has fought a lot of battles against conventional medical wisdom, navigated the unknown and unanswerable from her doctors, and made unbelievable progress with her daughter's illness. Its always a treat to pick her brain and be impacted by a testimony of healthy eating. 

I haven't shared this here, but a while back I went through getting blood work done for Celiac's. My blood work came back negative. I was gluten free on that blood test, but had not been for any length of time. My dr has recommended retesting while eating lots of gluten to see if anything changes. 

I had a gargantuan salad from the Whole Foods salad bar. I tossed in spring mix, chicpeas, red cabbage, cabbage slaw, tomatoes, cucumbers, and balsamic vinaigrette for 2pts+. I had half a glass of Kombucha citrus with it for 1pt+. Probably got in all my veggies for the day. ;)


For dinner, I got off work a little early to let the dog out before weight watchers. I weighed in at 157.2 lbs. A new WW low and down -2.4 lbs from the previous week. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but it was a loss. I'm back to my weight pre-summer vacations minus another quarter lb. 

I had spaghetti squash with zucchini marinara for dinner for 2pt+. I had 1tsp of peanut butter while it was heating because I was famished for 1pt+. I also had 1/2 cup kombucha with dinner for 0pts+. I also had two chocolate chip cookies for 3pts+.



After dinner, Matt and I went to Fry Springs Station for two drinks. I had two Vienna lagers for 10pts+. It was nice to get out and talk. 

When we got home, all I could think about was cookies! They were so good I had FOUR more. Some one must have slipped cocaine into them. 6pts+ more.

Total: 25/26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!