If you're looking for a summery low-point pasta or spaghetti squash topping, this is the dish for you. I put it on spaghetti squash for lunch today and it was fabulous. Its 1pt+ per serving. Makes 8 servings about 3/4 cup each.
2 tsp olive oil
1 zucchini squash, sliced 1/4" slices
1 yellow squash, sliced 1/4" slices
1 onion, diced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup red wine
28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
28 oz. can of whole tomatoes, torn apart
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried parsley
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Lay zucchini and squash slices one layer thick and saute 3 minutes on each side or until tender. You may have to do in two batches
- Set squash aside. Saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add wine to deglaze pan. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Sever over top of your favorite pasta or spaghetti squash for a vitamin rich, low calorie meal.
Hope to see less of each other next time! Enjoy!