Thursday, July 19, 2012

Perfect Spaghetti Squash Noodles

Spaghetti Squash is so simple to make, considered a power food, and worth 0pts+ for weight watchers. I've been digging it with my Zucchini Squash Marinara over the last few days. Here are the instructions for how I prepare it. I eat about 1/2 a medium squash for 1pt+. With the marinara, it is a 2pt+ meal!

Ingredients:
1 medium spaghetti sqash
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
  2. Cut the squash in half (or have your hubby do it if you're a weenie like me) and scoop out the guts.
  3. Brush 1 tsp oil on flesh side of each squash half.
  4. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Bake flesh side down on a foil lined cookie sheet for 25-35 minutes. (I have cooked it for 20 and it was great, and I've forgotten it for just under an hour and it was still great, so I'm pretty sure you'd have to leave it in for a day to mess it up.)
  6. Pull strands of flesh out with a fork parallel to the length of the squash.





Enjoy and hope to see less of each other next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!