Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Have my cookies and eat them (all) too? Tuesday W38

Tuesdays are work as usual for me. I am out of breakfast foods so I slurped down some tea instead of having a proper meal. I just ate lunch super early! I had Smart Ones wraps 4pts and some chips and fresh salsa 2pts.
Delicious and filling!
My birthday flowers from Allee are still looking beautiful at my desk a week later!
After work, I was starving- go figure, early lunch- but I had snooped around some blogs and had some work to do in the kitchen and needed to stop by the grocery store first. Get excited for some new recipes coming your way! At the grocery, I got an organic cliff bar and snacked on it to tide me over 2pts.
These are going to be a rebuy.
I also picked up a 1/2 cup of skinny cow ice cream while there- I have been craving ice cream and sweets all day! Not me at all! I had 1/2 of the cup for .5pts (rounding up to 1pt) with 1/2 serving of pretzels not pictured 1pt.
Ice cream did not measure up to expectations- however, hello Casper's arm, the sun misses you.
I made a chili potato for dinner with a little less chili than normal 7pts. Hit the spot.
I forgot how much I'd missed these.
I dropped Matt off at his softball game and set to work on my greatest accomplishment of the day. ONE POINT chocolate chip minis! One point per two cookies! I must say- healthy cookies and I do not jive. I had a run in with a healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe a few weeks ago and I don't think my taste buds (or any of my friends) have forgiven me. They were a spongy disaster, which is why I was so excited when I found this recipe on the weight watchers website today!


Yes, they are babies, but you get two for one point! Recipe from weight watchers website.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp butter, softened
  • 2 tsp canola oil
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp table salt
  • 1 large egg white (I used 1/8 cup egg beaters)
  • 3/4 cups all purpose flour (I used wheat)
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda (I used 3/4 tsp baking powder and no salt)
  • 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup (I used 1/3 cup because I don't like overpowering chocolate)

Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 375F.

  • In a medium bowl, cream butter oil and sugar. Add vanilla, salt, and egg white. Mix thoroughly to combine. 

  • In a small bowl mix together flour and baking soda; stir into batter. Add chocolate chips.

  • Drop rounded 1/2 teaspoonfuls of dough onto one or two large nonstick baking sheets (I sprayed it 1st- I always do even when it says not to). 
  • Bake until golden around edges, about 4-6 minutes (mine took 6). 
  • I made a mistake its 17 two cookie servings if you use wheat flour and 24 if you use white.

I had a taste of the batter and one cookie 1pt.

I was pretty tired after baking (and watching GLEE), but I headed out to meet Matt and his team at the corner to celebrate their win. They are going to the playoffs! (softball rec team playoffs). I had 1 beer 3pts and was talked into joining the team for a "grab bag" shot while out 2pts- the grab bag is like the best worst idea ever. Its where there are random shot recipes in a bag at mellow mushroom and you draw one and whatever it is, its $3, but you have to take it. Some are good and light shooters- malibu and pineapple, some are just straight liquor, and some are terrible (cement mixer- baily's and lime juice- it actually curdles). I sipped water for a while waiting for the hubby to decide it was time to go home. When we got home, he literally destroyed the cookies. I had 2 more 1pt.
  • If you missed my weigh in, check it out here.
  • If you missed my new progress photo, check it out here.
Everyone who stopped by and left a comment either here or on fb, thanks for the kudos! 











TUESDAY STATS:
Points: 24/23
Weekly Allowance Points: 1 used / 34 remaining
Exercise: none
Weekly Activity Points: 0/0
Weekly Weight Loss: -1.4 lbs/ -34.8 total







Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

5 comments:

  1. 2 cookies for 1 point, sign me up!!! :) Can't wait to test them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pocket erica comment had me cracking up. I actually wear minimal make up usually, but when I do go all out people seem to go crazy. In college people actually paid me to do their makeup, tell them which colors would look best and the same with polish. I still get makeup and nail polish panic calls or text messages. Did you end up buying anything? If so what did you get? I am makeup and polish obsessed as you know. Fall has some of my absolute favorite polish colors!

    Those flowers are gorgeous.

    I definitely MUST make those cookies. I have been craving cookies, and have been trying to avoid them since my weight is not going away its just piling on for some reason...annoyance!

    xo

    ps if you ever need makeup or polish color help let me know! I would love to help however I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope I can comment, tried for two days and got error...lets see first

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love how you bake, I am useless...

    I love a beautiful bunch of flowers...they look so pretty on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for a diet that is a life style not a crash course.. Loved reading your posts.

    Love to you
    kelly
    I've Become My Mother

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you guys!