Friday, December 10, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

Ok, its kind of a lame title, but that's what we call Friday at work and all of the students get a surprise if they've worked hard all week. So a surprise for you- the first of my low calorie cookie experiments! I am trying to "healthify" some traditional cookie favorites. The first experiment was a success (acording to Matt).

These 20 calorie snicker doodles will make your Friday fabulous too!


Ingredients:
3 Tbsp light butter
1/2 cup splenda (or no cal sweetener of your choice)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup egg beaters (or 2 large egg whites)
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp flour 
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Cream butter and sugar
  • Add baking soda 
  • Add vanilla and egg
  • Slowly mix in flour
  • Chill dough for 30 minutes
  • Mix sugar and cinnamon on small plate or bowl 
  • Scoop teaspoons of dough, drop in sugar/cinnamon mixture, coat and drop on greased cookie sheet. (Makes about 25 cookies, unless your husband hijacks the dough...then it makes about 21)
  • Bake 5-6 minutes 
Yep, that's it. Easy peasy and fabulous. Comment with your favorite cookie or the recipe for your favorite cookie and I will choose a few to experiment on and "healthify!"

Now- on to my day. I took an apple to work as usual...but unlike yesterday didn't choose it for breakfast since my boss's wife sent in marscipone cheese and fudge bars. Holy bejesus, delicious. I was in a sugar stupor for the majority of the day. I calculated a similar recipe offline and got 220 calories for 1/16 of the recipe. My boss said that was probable 2 pieces. So of course instead of stopping at one, I shoved down the rest of my serving (later in the day).
220 calories 4pts
Lunch was another lean cuisine steamer 5pts (280 calories). It didn't disappoint as usual, although the chicken was a little salty.

 Second marscipone bar came around this point 4pts (220 calories). 

(Yes, I was high on sugar all day).

After work Matt and I hit the gym, necessary after those damn bars. I did the cross trainer for 50 minutes, HR 160-190, 5 miles, 4-10 resistance, 600 calories, +4 activity points. After that I lifted for about 20 minutes and did situps and 3 weak push-ups (that was sad) +1 activity point (no idea calories on that).

proof I was there!
Dinner was leftovers from last night. Pork chops 4pts (180 calories) and an artichoke 1pt (30 calories). 

After dinner I made the cookies...and ate 6 2pts (120 calories).



FRIDAY STATS:
Points: 24/23
Calories: 910
Weekly Allowance Points: 9 used / 26 remaining
Weekly Activity Points: 5/12
Exercise: cross trainer 50 minutes and weights 680 calories
Water: 90 oz.
Weekly Weight Loss: -3 lbs / -35.0 lbs total

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look wonderful. I am definitely going to need to give them a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Are you doing old Weight Watchers or the new one?

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you guys!