What you need:
- 1 (15 1/2 oz) can unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained- save the juice!
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained (don't need the juice, or use fresh if you want to peel seed and chop)
- 2 medium apples, unpeeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 medium yellow apple, unpeeled seeded and chopped
- 1 medium pear, unpeeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups seedless grapes (red, white, or black- your preference)
- 1/2 the juice from pineapple tidbits
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar (or splenda)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 orange (this is a modification from the original)
- zest of 1 lemon (this is a modification from the original)
What to do:
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan
- Gradually add water until smooth
- Cook over med heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and zests.
- Combine all fruit in a large bowl.
- Pour sauce over top
- Toss gently
- Chill thoroughly.
Then you're done!
Hope to see less of each other next time!