Saturday, July 3, 2010

100 Crunches and Goodbyes

Friday morning, Matt and I decided to go to Bodo's for breakfast- the most delicious bagel place on the planet! I had 1/2 a sausage, egg white, and cheese bagel for 5pts. I treated it as "brunch" since it was steep points wise for breakfast. 


After breakfast and dropping Matt off at work, I went home and hit the gym for my first day back since hurting my ankle. My initial intention was just to get my feet wet again, but the WC was on and I was watching Netherlands vs. Brazil. Paragons of athleticism running around in front of me- what better motivation than to keep going?? I ran an 11 min mile on the treadmill and then did 50 minutes more on the elliptical followed by 100 crunches!! I got +9 activity points for the session! I am trying to buy back my overages for the week! I was really into the workout and wanted to do more but knew I'd regret doing too much after time off if I kept at it. I still couldn't do the lunges my cross training plan required since my ankle still hurt...and I couldn't do the push-ups but don't have a medical reason for that :) I did two!!


After the gym, I went to work for a bit to straighten some things out followed by the pool with Jamie, Chris, and Matt. It was actually pretty cold at the pool. On my way to work I had 2 slices of watermellon for 0pts- by far my favorite summer food.

After the pool, Matt and I went to dinner together at the Brick Oven. It was amazing as always! We got the "Hot Tomato" pizza which is now a favorite of mine. Its jalepenos, cheese, spicy tomato sauce, spicy peperoni and fresh tomato slices. YUM. I had 2 slices which were fairly small as pizza goes for 8pts.

After dinner, I went to CJ's hose to help her paint her coffee table. It was nice to catch up. After a while of chatting and less painting, I got a call from Matt saying that my dad had called and that my grandma had passed away. It wasn't unexpected and it was time, but I went home anyway. I talked to my family on the way home, cried a little, laughed some, missed everyone a lot. I don't want to say I have the best family in the entire world, but I will say we're way up there and all of us know that grandma was the foundation of the work hard, play harder, love the most mentality we have. She was wonderful. I did a lot of reminiscing when I got home with Matt about funny things she'd let us get away with growing up. Say a prayer or keep my family in your thoughts as we continue on without her and continue to find our ways in the world. 


FRIDAY STATS:
Points: 13/23 - too low
Weekly Allowance Points: 0 left/ 35 weekly (I bought them back with activity points!)
Exercise; 100 crunches, elliptical, and running
Weekly Weight Loss: didn't weigh in this week/ -29 total


Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!