Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Weigh-In: Hiding My Face In Shame

So before work this morning, I sucked it up and went to Weight Watchers to weigh in. Let me tell you- it wasn't pretty. Drum-roll please...

I'm up 2 lbs. 
Current weight: 171.4. 
Total Weight Loss: -27 lbs
Current Mood: Irritated
Sign: Libra

You get the picture. I am frustrated with myself and my weight gain. I am supposed to be losing 2 lbs per week- not gaining it! Ahh! So back to basics. I am going to plan meals before I eat them, then record what I've eaten, and stick to my points allowances. I am going to avoid using weekly points for food. I will only use them for drinks on special occasions. Those were my rules when I started and it looks like they are going to have to be my rules again. UHG. 

So despite my frustration, I know that 2 lbs isn't the end of the world. Its just a number and another week. I just want to get back to the place where losing weight is my priority again. I've gotten kind of comfortable in my slightly pudgy, 170 lb, size 10 body. Its pretty far away from where I started around 200 and sz. 16. But the important thing for me is that its not far enough. I am training myself in life skills of weight-loss, exercise, and follow through for the long term and stopping here is not an option- if I act like that, I'll never run a marathon (which I am going to do). 

I'll post food for the rest of the day later. Just wanted to update you on the weigh in. 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Casey! And when you run that marathon, let me know. I'll train and do it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm not super discouraged, just a number. :) I'll deff let you know. I was planning on doing the St. Jude 1/2 in December, but one of my childhood friends is getting married that day so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you guys!