Thursday, February 10, 2011

Salad Week: Day 2

Moving toward the weekend slowly but surely! I am totally looking forward to sleeping in a bit this weekend. Being sick has really been slowing me down...or maybe it was one too many beers last night. Both are taking their toll. I've noticed that my points have been a bit out of control lately- mainly at dinner time. I'm going to try and reign that in a little so that I stay on track.

This morning, I was out of cliff bars so I grabbed a medium boiled egg out of the fridge for 1pt, 63 calories, and 1.5 pts+.

I scrambled in the fridge for something to take for lunch and found this potato soup from Harris Teeter for 6pts and 250 calories (per cup and there were 2 cups). I had 1 1/2 cups for 9pts and 375 calories.

I didn't end up leaving work today until 7:30 and I still didn't finish everything I was working on. At least its at a holding point. When I got off, I headed to the grocery for a few items...which inevitably turns into 8 recipes worth of ingredients I've wanted and instead of carrying a basket with romaine and bread, I'm lugging around a 20 lb basket and dropping stuff. I actually dropped 1/2 my grape tomatoes on the ground and had to run around picking them up! I seriously have a problem at the grocery store. I can't just buy what I go for. 

In an effort to kick my points/calorie splurging in the butt, I am declaring this week "Salad Week." Every day I have to eat one salad. It can be a full meal, a side salad, whatever, but I have to eat one, and it can't be a repeat from others in the week. If you've read this blog long or know me- this is a big deal. I have never been a salad person. ever. It's not been until recently that I thought of salads as a complete meal. Growing up, my idea of a salad was so much bacon, cheese, ranch, and croutons that you wondered if there was actually lettuce underneath it at all...sometimes I wondered too, but it was all at the salad bar so that makes it a salad right? ergo healthy? And don't get me started on salad bar crackers- the only ingredient in my second "salad" plate at the buffet. 

This should be good for me. It can't hurt aand maybe you'll see some salad ideas on here to spice up your routine. Tonight's Salad was a traditional chef's salad (recipe here). What's great is you can put anything you want in it. I happened to have hard boiled eggs on hand so they were the motivator for this salad. It was 340 calories, 8pts, 8pts+. I had 3/4 of it and was stuffed. 6pts 250 calories. I also had some laughing cow cheese 2pts (80 calories, 2.5pts+) with sourdough bread 3pts (160 calories, 4pts+). I chowed down during trashy tv (read grey's anatomy). It was great!

Chef Salad
Clearly had more bread and laughing cow than pictured.
Capping off the evening, I had a few tastes of this mushed up strawberry cake...
...I can't wait to show you what I'm making!

I'm guessing my tastes were 2pts around 100 calories and 2.5pts+ values. 

Thursday Stats:
Water: 90 oz. / 80 oz.
Calories: 830
Points: 23 / 23
Weekly Points: 0 used today / 11 remaining
Exercise: my arms are actually sore from carrying around my grocery basket!
Activity Points: 0 today / 0 week
Weekly Weight Loss: +.8 lbs / 38 lbs total

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!