Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday W30

30 WEEKS ON WEIGHT WATCHERS! I think at this point I can say I'm definitely in it for the long haul. That is a lot of time. I'm still averaging a loss of 1 lb per week which is good, but not what I was counting on.


When it comes to weight loss, has anyone else ever had a case of unrealistic expectations?

You know, when I started weight watchers, I took the amount of weight I wanted to lose (~60 lbs) and divided it by 2 lbs per week, and said- great! I'll be my goal weight around my sister's wedding! Perfect! Obviously- I didn't make it to that goal...I didn't even make it to only half of that goal!

So where did I go wrong? Was it because I didn't follow the plan to a T? Not really. It was probably because I took the maximum expected weight loss on the plan and projected that would be my average. Or because I assumed I would do it every week without fail. I expected unreasonable things of myself. Now- I'm not saying there's nothing to the"shoot for the stars and maybe you'll reach the moon" philosophy, but sometimes it can set you back really far when it comes to weight loss. 

Imagine when you set rules for yourself that you can't/aren't going to follow, you say you'll get these extraordinary results in record time, and then you'll maintain....then you slip up a little (but it doesn't count because I mean honestly who could stick to your strict diet??). Then you only loose 1 lb in a week and not the three you deserve from all that cabbage soup, so you weigh the next day (after you pee of course)- SAME WEIGHT! But you're naked, how can that be?! ...jump of the scale...jump back on.....try and pee more....jump back on. Well, obviously your hormones must be off and this is water weight. Ok- back to cabbage soup- uhg cabbage soup...I hate cabbage soup...plus, I didn't even loose weight yesterday! Eff that- where's the chocolate?

Anyway, healthy living and dieting isn't achieved on a deadline or with unrealistic rules and expectations. Its small changes every day. If you have been gaining weight steadily for years and then go 6 months without weight gain- that is a HUGE success. That's how I'm thinking about the work- as long as I'm not going up, I'm healthier than I was before. You can't always see health success on a week to week basis. Being able to run 5 miles isn't shown on the scale. Anyway, that's my 30 week input.

Obviously I didn't reach the 10 lb weight loss I was hoping before 7/20, so I gave myself a new goal today- 20 lbs before my birthday! 10/6! What an awesome bday present to me- being hotter! :)

So Monday, I had an english muffin with laughing cow cheese for 2pts.

I am spending my last few days in the aerogel lab this week and I couldn't be more excited!!! I worked there for 9 hours so I packed a lunch to eat with Matt- a smart ones for 4pts.

After lunch, it was back to work. So excited that I'm almost done! After work we went home and had leftovers. We had ff beef stroganoff 8pts. After dinner, we had some ice cream! 10pts because I am stupid and ate about double this since the box was almost empty!!! Ah- so bad. Then I had some chips and dip 5pts.

I watched Gossip Girl for the first time after dinner. Matt hates it. He said it stressed him out too much to even hear from my computer.

MONDAY STATS: 
Points: 29/24
Weekly Allowance Points: 30/35
Exercise: none
Weekly Weight Loss: Missed my meeting because we worked a little late!


Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!