Monday, October 22, 2012

Chocolate Festival and Cook Out

Saturday was beautiful. My perspective might have something to do with all the laundry cooking napping I got done Friday. I was up by 6:30 and since my apartment mates were still sound asleep, I decide to run a 5k!

I had planned on going to the chocolate festival in downtown Charlottesville that morning and decided to go early and run in their chocolate chase 5k. The race overlaps part of the infamous Charlottesville 10 miler meaning we got to take part in some brutal hills. Since the race was somewhat of an impulse decision (I toyed with the idea throughout the week), I didn't have a clear goal in mind for the race.

Since a bad plan is better than no plan, I quickly made a goal to run or jog the whole way - no walking. Having been sick and virtually sedentary for 2 months, it was a challenge, but I'm proud to say that I was able to do this and finished in ~37 minutes! Its a good base to start with and I'm already itching for another race.

I RAN THE WHOLE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I got +7 activity points for the run. I turned on Endomodo to track my progress, but I forgot to hit stop when I finished. Oops - here's my data.


After the run, I grabbed the hubby and made him come to the festival for the chocolate pancake breakfast and a walk downtown. My pancakes were 8pt+.

We went home and got some chores done before heading to Becky's for an afternoon cookout and doggie date. There was beer.

And corn hole.
 Food.
Musroom burger, pickles, arugala pasta salad,
pear and feta salad, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots
 And puppies.

Good times were had by all. My portions and drinks were 18pt+

Megan and I went to a blacklight birthday party in Bridgewater that night and had dinner and drinks there for 22pt+. Buffalo chicken dip is my weakness!

TOTAL: 51 / 26
ACTIVITY: 7 day / 7 week
Weekly Points: 15 remaining

Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!