Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 18: Wednesday- Last Day of No Job!

This morning, I got up with Matt even though I didn't have to take him to work because I had some big plans today. I was going to Lynchburg with Cait to go to the J. Crew warehouse store! So the unfortunate part of the day- I ate more than my share of points..oops!

So I got up and had some bread and cheese for 3pts for breakfast.

After that, Bear and I went back to bed and did some reading about nutrition and running while waiting for Cait to come over. When she got here, 1st thing we went for a work out. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I usually do the interval program between 8 and 12 resistance and keep it 5.5 mph and up the whole time, well I was really struggling with this today. I was huffing it at 4.5!! I finally bit the bullet and downed the resistance to 7-10 and had a little better time, but it was still crazy hard for me! I did get +4 activity pts for it though.

Does anyone else ever experience difficult workouts with something that is usually second nature??


Either way, 30 minutes and 400 calories later, I was glad to be done. We showered up, grabbed some subs from bellmont 10pts and headed out.

We jammed to some oldies on the way down and I got us lost- I'm a terrible navigator for future reference...however if you are looking for an off-key back-ground singer, I'm your gal. The actual store was a little disapointing. I was envisioning a huge warehouse of super cheap items...not so much, but I did manage to find a pair of pants for $14 that are super comfy and can double as new work clothes. I've been trying not to buy anything until I'm done losing weight so that I don't waste $$ on things that will only fit for a while (I hope). I've already come down 2 sizes so here's hoping for more! 

After our minor bust at the clearance store, we got pedis!! It was awesome. They used parafin wax and everything. I now have shockingly pink toes- my favorite summer color, although Cait is worried that I may blind people and Matt said he needed sunglasses. Whatever people- my toes tell me every day is a happy day when they are this color. :) On a side note- I had a guy giving me a pedi. I used to think this was weird and I know a lot of girls still do...but he spent a TON of time on the massage part and he was stronger than women so it was waaay better. I'm a convert...what's your take- pedies from guys a no or a go?
My hot pink toes!!

When we got back to Cville- I sat on the couch and had 1 triscuit (Bear talked me out of the other two in the pic) and 1 cup of chex mix 4pts.

I convinced Matt it was a sushi night and so we went to sushi-love only to find its closed on Weds. Super disappointing. We went to stix and had just as good of a time sitting outside and chatting for 1/2 the price...and 10pts I didn't eat the pita pictured.

After dinner, we went to B&N to complete our wonderful date. I got 2 books and read the intros to both tonight. I got Bitter is the New Black and The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters. The first, I've wanted to read for a while and is a NY Times best seller, the second was an impulse buy which I'm reserving judgment on. We had some (5-6) famous amos cookies for a snack for 4pts later.

It was a great day overall today and I am heading to bed early because my 4 days of unemployment officially end tomorrow at 9am. Wish me luck!!

ALSO- I put up a new progress pic so check it out! I'm wearing my new Jcrew pants too! :)

WEDNESDAY STATS:
Points: 31 /24
Weekly Allowance Points: 20 left/35 weekly
Activity Points Earned: 4 today/9 week
Exercise: elliptical murdered my leggies! They hurt!
Weekly Weight Loss: -.8 lbs / 24.6 lbs total

Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!