Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 19: Saturday

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Losing weight, or making any lifestyle change requires planning and forethought. You don't wake up one day and think- I'm going to run in the Spartathalon (153 Mile race between Athens and Sparta), it takes years of planning and training according to plan. Fortunately, weight loss efforts don't generally take years to complete, but it can seem like reaching your weight loss goals is just as unattainable as running 153 miles in 24 hours. I know I felt like that a year ago. I didn't know what to do or how to make a plan that I could stick to.

That's why its so important to make small goals which are in sight and also to have long term goals which give you something to strive for. For example- I made a New Year's resolution to loose 50 lbs this year. It is written on my white board along with other resolutions (not to cut my hair short and to get my master's degree) to remind me. 50 lbs seems like a ton, but in a year- that sounded doable. On the right side of my blog, I have smaller mile stones to get to. Right now, its to get below 170. Reaching the short term goals keeps me going. I've lost over 25 lbs from following the simple steps of setting a small goal, making a small plan, and celebrating that achievement. I'm over 1/2 way to my final goal, and it seems like it hasn't taken any work at all!

A good way to start your planning is to educate yourself on where you stand in relation to where you want to be. Do a little research. www.caloriecount.com or www.sparkpeople.com are both good (and free) places to give you a start. You can achieve your fitness goals this summer and there's always more time no matter your age. Being "too old" or "born that way" can be overcome with a little effort. Good luck this summer getting to where you want to be! And enjoy the weather!

Now for my day: It was a pretty relaxing Saturday. We woke up and took the puppies for a walk. I had a boiled egg for breakfast for 2pts. I nearly choked on it so I didn't eat the second one. Coughing up boiled egg yolk turned me off from eggs for a while.

Matt had to go to work, but I stayed home and did laundry- my least favorite chore. When he got home, we took the puppies to the playground. Matt and I swang on the swing-set (+1 activity pt for this and the walk) while they ran around like crazy people. When we got home, I had Santa Fe Style Chicken Salad for lunch for 5pts.
Delish!

After lunch, Matt called comcast asking for a better deal and he got us all of the premium channels and faster internet for less than we were paying!! He's magical. So I watched Angels and Demons On Demand- it was terrible. Awful, awful movie.  After the movie, I had Organic Veggie Barley Soup 2pts and 2 fingers worth of reduced fat peanut butter 4pts


We did some editing on Matt's abstract for a conference next year and then went SHOPPING! We hit up Old Nave because Matt was in severe need of some clothes. We stopped by Arch's on the way home and had Fro-Yo. I got 3.5 oz of Wow-Cow Peanut Butter for 1pt.
 
I went to the grocery to pick up a couple of things and now am back home chillin on the couch. I tried out a handfull of baked Cheetos to see if they were any good. They're alright- deff not as good as normal. 1pt.
 
SATURDAY STATS:
Points: 16/24
Weekly Allowance Points: 20 left/35 weekly
Activity Points Earned: 1 today/10 week
Exercise: Walking the Oogies
Weekly Weight Loss: -1.4 lbs / 26 lbs total
 
Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!