Saturday, January 16, 2010

Resolutions

So its been three months and I've finally made decisions and time for weight loss. After a lot of research, some trial and error, getting inspired by other bloggers' successes http://darcithelbloser.blogspot.com/2009/12/this-girls-been-busy.html, and the long awaited end of my research project, I am ready to start losing weight. Its my last semester in grad school, and I am taking classes and work easy so that I can focus on weight loss and working out.

This past week, I joined weight watchers www.weightwatchers.com and went to my first meeting on Monday. I weighed in at 198 lbs (wow), although when I weighed naked I was a lot less. I guess that's what I get for wearing winter clothes to the meeting. I later noticed most people were taking over their shoes for weigh ins!! Anyway, I got all of my tools and started tracking immediately. According to the getting started book I should get 28 points per day plus 35 weekly points to use whenever. This week, I don't have pictures, but hopefully I'll get to that next week.

I also started the 100 Push-Up Plan http://hundredpushups.com/  and 200 Sit-Up Challenge http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ on Thursday and am doing the second day tonight. My sister Jamie is doing it with me. More importantly I start the C25K http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml plan on Monday.

So- here's what I ate this week:
Monday:
Smart Ones Breakfast Sandwich (4pts)
8oz OJ (2pts)
Ceasar Salad, 2 Tbsp light dressing, 3 oz. chicken (7pts)
1cup grapes (1pt)
Ciabatta Roll (2pts)
Artichoke Sausage Soup (5pts)
1.5 oz. Honey Roasted Peanuts (6pts)
Total: 27pts...........not bad for a first day, 34 weekly pts left

Tuesday:
Smart Ones Sandwich (4pts)
Chicken Wrap (7pts)
1/2 c. grapes (1pt)
Cookie (2pts)
Sausage Artichoke Soup (5pts)
Slice of Oat Bread (2pts)
1 oz. Honey Roasted Peanuts (4pts)
Diet Coke (0pts)
Cookie (2pts)
Total: 27pts..........................33 weekly pts left

Wednessday:
3 Strawberries (0pts)
Grape nuts, 1/2 serving (2pts)
Light Vanilla Yogurt (2pts)
1/2 Panera Tomato Soup, no Croutons (5pts)
1/2 Panera Asian Chicken Salad (4pts)
Whole Grain Baguette (3pts)
Light Beer, 6oz. (1pt)
Whole Grain Bread, 1/4 loaf (6pts)
Lemon Garlic Broccli, 1 serving (1pt)
3oz. chicken with teriaki sauce, grilled (4pts)
Artichoke Sausage Soup (3pts)
Total: 30 pts.......................used 4 weekly points, but had lunch and dinner with friends, 29 weekly left

Thursday:
OJ (3pts)
Chicken Wrap (7pts)
Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (2pts)
Diet Coke (0pt)
1/2 oz, Honey Roasted Peanuts (2pts)
1/2 box Velveeta Shells and Cheese (12 pts) yikes
2 cups steamed broccli (0pts)
Did my 100 pushup day 1 and 200 sit up day 1 for (+1 activity pt)
Total............................26 pts, 29 weekly points remaining

Friday:
Chick-fil-A Chicken Biscuit (10pts)
Diet Dr. Pepper (0pts)
Smart Ones Fettuchini (4pts)
feta 1/2 oz. (1pt)
romaine 2 cups (0pts)
Bell Pepper 1/4 (0pts)
Banana Peppers (0pts)
Tomato (0pts)
Red Onion, 1 slice (0pts)
Sunflower seeds, 1/2 oz. (1pt)
chicken, 4 oz. (4pts)
teriaki sauce, 1 Tbsp (1pt)
Peach Sorbet that Jamie made- YUM (2pts)
Peanuts (4pts)
Corona (3pts)
Bud Light (2pts)
Stella Artois (3pts)
Ran on elliptical 30 mins (+5 activity pts)
Total: 35 pts....................down to 24 weekly points

Saturday:
This is not going to be a good one, guys.
Chineese Buffet with Matt:
3 Crab Ragoon (3pts)
Hot Chineese Chicken, 1 cup (10pts) Trying to overestimate???
French Fries, 2cups (9pts)? I estimated from a calorie counter site
3 veggie dumplings (4pts)
Did my 100 Push Up Plan and 200 Sit Up plan for (+1 activity pt)
That's all I ate today because it was a really late lunch since I had to work unexpectedly this morning.
Total: 25 pts........................24 weekly points remaining

That's all for now!

Hope to see less of each other next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!