Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back on [the] Track. Tue. W35.

Tuesday was a day. I woke up and tossed a slim fast in my lunch box for breakfast before heading to work. I got half way through it (2pts) and my stomach went nuts! I don't know what it was but all day it felt like I was being stabbed in the gut.
Evil slimfast
 I had a super busy day at work. 2pm had rolled around before I knew it and I hadn't eaten lunch! Although it felt like Clash of the Titans was going on in my body, I thought food might help. Nope- but I ate anyway. 4pts for my broccoli fettucini alfredo from Smart Ones.

When I was updating our facebook page at work (ps- check us out on the radio tomorrow at 8:30 WCHV 94.1), I noticed a message from my friend, Andrea who is running a 5k with me on the 18th of October. 

She ran 2 miles all because I told her we were going to run a 5k when she comes to visit over her fall break. So, I decided that I needed to get my butt out and run too. This is not a decision I was planning to make today...The last time I exercised regularly was...well you probably remember as well as I do- beginning of June when I was doing my C25K plan religiously. I have been sick, and then procrastination station. I was not excited. I didn't even know if I could still run 2 miles without coughing up a lung...

But I ran anyway...
with my stopwatch
And I did 2 miles...
In 24.58 minutes
So this isn't a great time or anything. Its a slow jog, but I didn't want to walk at all during the 2 miles. I'm not thrilled with the time, (plus I think it was a little longer, I can't remember if I mapped 2 miles at one sign or the next, but a block apart max) but I'm also not upset with it. Its definitely something I can work with this month. I fast-walked the rest of the .6 miles home in my loop. +3 activity points. I also met two awesome walking buddies on my run. I passed them twice- they were walking the opposite way. My PR job personality hadn't worn off so I paused (during the last .6 mile walk) and talked to them for a bit. Adorable.

  Do you prefer to run alone or with a friend? 

I prefer to run alone, myself, but that may be because I am not fast enough to keep up with any of my friends!! Also, I like to let my mind drift while running. I don't think I could talk if I wanted to.

All in all, I was able to write andy back telling her I'd done the same. Hooray for friendly encouragement/competition!

For dinner, Matt and I had some more of the low fat baked ziti for 8pts. I had about 1/2 of this piece of baby water mellon for 1pt.
I cut my thumb pretty good while slicing :(
After dinner, I chilled out and watched Sunshine Cleaning. I think I liked it. It was a little sad. Definitely an indie film. I'm going to clean a little and get to bed early so I'm tip top for thesis writing tomorrow. Each word I write is like pulling teeth! They're just not coming out.


TUESDAY STATS: 
Points: 15/23
Weekly Allowance Points: 32/35 remaining
Exercise: jogged 2 miles
Weekly Activity Points: 3/3
Weekly Weight Loss: -1.6 lbs / -32.2 total


Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your 2 miles...I did the SAME EXACT THING!!! Bummer on the cut thumb, I feel like I've been seeing a lot of that lately in blog world...I better be careful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog today, I have added you to my feedreader so u will see lots more of me on your stunning blog...well done on the weight lost so far...WW is how i lost all my weight.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you guys!