What You Need:
- 1 lb. Box of Orzo
- Small Rotisserie Chicken
- 15-25 Grape Tomatoes
- Bunch of Green Onion (or 1/2 small red)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3-1/2 cup red wine vinegar (to your taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- Squirt of Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
What to Do:
- Boil Orzo (takes about 9 minutes)
- While boiling, chop veggies to desired size. (I did about 1/3" for avocado, quartered the tomatoes, and finely chopped the green onions. I did not use the whole stalk, but only bottom to 1/2 way up.)
- Break apart the chicken, discarding fat and skin.
- Drain pasta, mix in veggies and other ingredients to your taste!
|When in doubt, add more veggies!|
- I think this recipe is good served hot as a main dish or cold as a pasta salad.
- If you want to make this a vegetarian dish, use less vinegar since the chicken mellows it out a lot, or use more avocado.
- A little yogurt goes a long way, so don't think you're doing yourself a favor by adding the extra love.
- I think this would be good with some steamed asparagus or zucchini added into the mix. Allison said any veggies you have on hand are perfect!