Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Busy Bee. Wed W36.

Good gracious, I am tired! It has been a loooooong, but great day! My morning started with a photo op for my advisor's website at the Lawn. I am digging this cool weather. I had a bagel thin 1pt with laughing cow cheese and jelly 1pt for breakfast. Delish, although I am already missing the pumpkin spread!!

I got a rare treat today and got to work with the hubs!! (Or more like for the hubs) on a paper we are collaborating on. It was a nice change of pace to spend time back in the lab and not on my thesis. I finished the to do list for the paper which I had been putting off. It was a weight off for me and I think Matt's happy too. We celebrated with a lunch date! 

We went to Stix- a kebab place near school. I LOVE this place, but its not as low points as I normally have. I also don't generally get fries on the side, but I felt like splurging a little. I had 3 oz. lamb kebab over rice (I didn't eat all the rice), with cucumber sauce, and fries. I think all of it was 14 pts yikes! totally worth it!
I love stix. 
After lunch, I went home and plowed through some work on my thesis. I actually didn't hate writing today. I feel like I'm over the "I-hate-my-life-I-really-don't-want-to-do-this-yeah-I'm-not-going-to-work-yet" hump. I'm actually excited to make some progress. This was spurred on by the fact that I started using LATEX today. My thesis may not have stellar content yet, but it is BEAUTIFUL!! I want to play with coding it all day. 

After some major breakthroughs, we called the day quits (Matt was working on my paper revisions). I played a little castle crashers with Matty for a break and then hit the grocery and GUESS WHAT I FOUND!!! PUMPKIN PUREE!!!!!! There were no normal size cans left, but I did find gargantuan ones! Be still my soul.
The Loot
So far today, I talked to three of my besties- Andrea, Jes, and Allee. I have such a great group of girlfriends. They are my extended sisters. Wellllll, from Jes I hear that she walked the dog, did yoga, and walked to work; from Allee I hear that she kicked ass with a personal trainer at the gym; and from Andrea I hear that she is running 2-3 miles twice a week on top of soccer. Holy bejesus, when did we become work-out aholichs? OK so I am not going to be the only one left out. Its still raining here so I had to hit the gym....

Where I had a revelation....

I fell in love after two rendezvous with running...OUTDOORS. I am so sorry treadmill, but until I experienced true love I didn't know that what we had was just a shadow. I'm sorry to say that I have to break things off. We can still be friends, maybe even hook up occasionally, but I've moved on. 

OK- so background. I have never been a runner. I still don't consider myself a runner (but I will be). But I did start flirting with running back in January. I started the C25K program on a treadmill. I didn't dare go outside because I thought it would be harder. I couldn't have my ipod, I would have to propell myself forward instead of hoping up and down from foot to foot (gasp)...this did not seem appealing...and the worst part- when you run, you run AWAY from where you started...meaning if you get tired half way through- you STILL have to make it back!! Those were my thoughts about running outside. (Don't get me started on my fear of hills.)

Fast forward to June. I tried running outside. I went a mile and it was as terrible as I thought it would be. I thought I was going to die. Surely it couldn't have been only 1/10 of a mile I went! Surely not! I vowed to avoid this torture like the plague.

And now today- I signed up for a 5k. Which I assume they won't let me jog in place for 30 minutes and call it done. So it was time to brave the outdoors again. I mapped a 2.6 mile loop that goes by my work. I decided to slow slow SLOOOW snail jog as much of it as I could. I made it 1 mile the first time. I started out WAY too fast because I was listening to my ipod and not my body (Katy Perry makes me run at an 8 minute mile). I still liked it. I liked that I still had to go (and learn) the distance even if I wasn't running it. Take two- I left my ipod at home and jogged 2 miles. It was great. There were times I wanted to stop, but I knew where that 2 mile mark was! It was brilliant.

So today on the treadmill, I couldn't get my mind to stop bouncing around everywhere. I the first mile in 10:49. Not bad. Then I was going insane. All I was thinking about is how bored not focused I was and how much time I had left before the 2 mile mark. I decided to stop torturing myself (that way anyway) and switch it up. After a mile and a half of jog/run I changed to a 10% grade at a 3.5 mph walk and walked the last 1/2 mile. whew- tired. Finally, I finished out my workout with leisurely elliptical 5mph pace interval 7/3 resistance for 30 minutes. Totalled up its +4 activity pts.

Since my lunch was huge and insane, I had a smaller dinner of 2 oz. whole grain pasta with 1/2 cup marinara and a little ww cheese 5pts with some apple sauce and too much cinnamon 1pt.


I spent the rest of the evening in the kitchen!! I made green bean casserole, a bowl of my pumpkin spread to speed up my morning routine, some of this (another use of pumpkin! I'm obsessed! I used ff cream cheese to lower the pts and less sugar), and some of this! I had a taste of the pumpkin recipes for 1pt. I also got some potatoes ready for this! I absolutely love The Skinny Taste (previously Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes).
All ready for breakfast!
These will be waiting for me after work tomorrow. They are going to become chili potatoes!!
So after ALL that, I am completely beat! I am about to head to bed!




WEDNESDAY STATS: 
Points: 23/23
Weekly Allowance Points: 35/35 remaining
Exercise: none
Weekly Activity Points: 4/4
Weekly Weight Loss: +.2 lbs / -32.0 total


Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

3 comments:

  1. busy bee? we were on the same wavelength yesterday! glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh girl, you're amazing!!! I can't wait to try pumpkin spice cream cheese, sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are amazing I have to agree with the others....love the foods, love seeing American foods as so different to ours. I show the German foods on my blog so the American's can see what we have here....

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you guys!