Friday, September 17, 2010

Low Fat Baked Ziti

I promised, and now I am delivering. Ok- this is between 6 and 8 points depending on if you make it with our without meat. Since I am living with a cave manly man, I had to add meat or he wouldn't consider it a meal. It makes a TON of food.

You can find the recipe I followed here from Gina at Skinny Taste. I made a few alterations explained below. It turned out like a baked ziti/ lasagna hybrid, but all I know is that it was good. Without meat it is 330 calories per serving and with meat it is right at 400 calories per serving. You should definitely check it out!

Perfection!
  • I did not have frozen spinach so I used fresh and ghetto steamed (aka boiled) it for a few minutes in 1/4" water. It worked great.
  • I used extra oregano and added some itallian seasoning and parsley (about 1 1/2 tsp each).
  • I used 1 lb. of 96% ff ground beef which I browned before mixing in to the dish. It takes the serving from 6-8 points, but it makes a meal by itself with that in it. (95% ff or above yeilds the same points value.)
  • Instead of ziti I used rotini because that was what I had. It turned out superb!
Spinach before and after. The fresh spinach made it taste so good!

Pre oven cheesy-ness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!