Sunday, March 6, 2011

World's Best Sugar Cookies

These cookies undoubtably live up to their name. I will tell you, though, that I didn't name them. They are Matt's Na Na's cookie recipe. They are the best sugar cookies I've ever had- and I am no cookie rookie. I didn't get to 198 lbs eating broccoli and tofu. They feel so light and melt in your mouth. Unlike most cookies though, they are better when cooled and not hot.

They are two WW points each and 97 calories. Even though the nutrition isn't that bad, I wouldn't make them unless you have company because you will eat them all. Trust me I know. Na Na sends them in the car with us on the hour and a half drive between Heber Springs and Little Rock. My hips send their thanks. :) The recipe below is actually 1/2 of the original recipe because these are too dangerous to have for long. The listed recipe makes ~36 cookies. (Complete nutrition information below.)



What you need:
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
-Cream margarine and oil
-Blend in two sugars, then egg
-Sift flour, salt, soda, and tartar and stir slowly into mixture
-Add vanilla, mixing well
-Chill (about 1 hour), preheat oven to 350 F
-Place small balls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet flattening them with the bottom of a small glass dipped in sugar.
-Bake 11-15 minutes until barely light golden around edges
-Makes ~36 servings

Complete Nutrition Information:

1 comment:

Love to hear from you guys!