Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Y2 W9 D1: Happy Pi Day!

Among all of the quirky holidays people celebrate (cheese weasel day and potato chip day come to mind) I have to take a minute to celebrate a day from my own science/math background- Pi Day...or 3.14! The concept is really simple- eat pie for pi day. So- embracing the quirks of my field- HAPPY PI DAY, EVERYONE!
3.14159265
Beef up your pi trivia
Mondays are always weigh in days for me. I am down 1.2 lbs from last week which puts me at 156.6 lbs. Its moving in the right direction. Its too bad that once you have the will power and follow through to lose weight that it can't just melt off really quickly...that would be a lot simpler than waiting. :) 

I spent the day on the thesis. I am at the point where I'm scrambling to get everything done. I wish I could take off work for a month to finish writing it so there wasn't as much pressure to get a certain # of pages written on my days "off" from work. With graduation deadlines swiftly approaching and the new tans my friends are sporting from their spring break endeavors reminding me the semester is half over, I'm feeling a lot more pressure to finish and its getting to me a little.

Breakfast was a drippy egg sandwich 4pts and 204 calories (back to using smaller eggs).

There is a crack in the foundation of our apartment right now which is flooding a small part of the apartment when it rains. We are having people work on it this week so I cleared out of the way and worked from lab. Little Bear was quarantined to the hall so he didn't get in the way.

Lunch was an old Smart Ones I had left in the freezer at school from forever ago. Kind of gross, but still food- 5pts and 250 calories.

I snacked on a hard boiled egg later in the afternoon for 2pts and 70 calories.

When we got home from work, I cleaned the apartment and made myself a new nook in the guest bedroom to work from on the paper. I am carving out locations at all of the places I frequent so I can minimize set up time. I have to have a clean area to work or else I am not productive at all. 

I also took some time to catch up on laundry and general chores around the house. We have been working so much, we hadn't put away laundry or done dishes in several days- ahk! I am counting the housework as +2 activity pts. I know- its really sad that I am counting housework as exercise, but compared to the amount I've been sitting on my bum slaving away lately, it is, and weight watchers says you can count it. Still sad though compared to my posts a few weeks ago about running 3-4 miles 3xs per week. I keep telling myself this too shall pass. I snacked on a few lays while cleaning 4pts and 160 calories.
Double what is pictured. Maybe I was celebrating potato chip day too? 
Dinner was pretty late. I heated up an Amy's meal, which I love. I had organic stuffed pasta shells. It wasn't really enough food for my hunger level though 5pts and 310 calories.

I also made mini apple pies for Matt and I which we had with ice cream for 4pts and 190 calories. They were super cute and just enough to be considered a sweet treat without having a whole pie sitting around the house for days. I ended up making up the recipe from one my dad uses to make apple crumb top pie and putting it in little ramekins to bake. 
Happy Pi Day to me! Yes, please!
After dinner, Matt and I grabbed a beer with Cait at McGrady's to catch up. We haven't seen eachother in 3 weeks! Granted- I haven't seen much of anyone in 3 weeks, but it seems like too long. I had a *few* beers 6pts and 300 calories with 3 pieces of buffalo chicken 8pts and 350 calories estimated. 

I got a little overwhelmed that I was taking a break from writing on a weeknight when I hadn't finished what I was working on during the day so we went home and I put in some more time on the beast. Working on the thesis with a buzz seems to be a great way to get a lot done in a small amount of time. The frenzied level of writing I achieved last night might not be intelligible to others, but it did get a lot of content in the right places. I may have to repeat this process...
Current frenzy level.
Anyone else have ever encroaching deadlines governing their life right now? I sure am ready to be done!!

Monday Stats: 
Water: 60 oz. / 80 oz.  wowza
Points:  39 / 22
Calories: 1,820
Weekly Points: 17 used today / 18 remaining
Exercise: house work
Activity Points: 2 today / 2 week
Weekly Weight Loss: -1.2 lbs / 41.8 lbs total 

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the 1.2 lb loss this week Casey...you know when stressed ( and you sound like you have at the moment ) the body holds onto the weight....so try breath and tackle what you are able to....Don't add anymore pressure on yourself.

    Thanks for the comment the other day...Wow, felt good hearing what your friends said!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you guys!