Thursday, April 15, 2010

Week 14: Day 3

This morning, I had my follow up interview with Learning Rx. It is this really cool company in Charlottesville that teaches cognitive skills to struggling kids. I applied for the part time position of a trainer and got to actually go and see the center. It is adorable- totally kid friendly and professional. Anyway, I think it went well, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

I made a mango, apple, peach green monster this morning for 2pts. It wasn't as good as when Jamie made it, but it was still alright.
After the interview, I stopped by home and got my WW materials and went to the 12:00 Wednesday meeting. Wow- I don't think a meeting or demographic could be more different from the group I go to!! I miss my Monday night weight watchers!! Oh well, at least I got it done. I'm down -.8 lbs this week for a total of 22.4 lbs. It was a lot more than I thought (I thought I went up this week), but still not good. I'll take it.

At the meeting, I bought these pretzel, caramel, chocolate snacks and had one for 1pt.

Here's my progress chart (from WW eTools)

When I got home, and ate lunch of 1/4 recipe of goat cheese and asparagus pasta for 6pts. I don't think eating this every day will get old at all. I graded papers while eating.

I did my C25K W4D1 run. It was not as hard as I thought it would be, but....I thought it was going to be like climbing Everest. Running for 5 mins is a loooong time for me- mainly mentally. At home, 5 minutes of cleaning, putting on my make up, 5 minute showers....5 minutes seems so short! But on a treadmill, man, 5 minutes lasts forever...then oddly, half of that (my walking time of 2.5 mins) doesn't seem like I have time to blink before I'm running again. I think developing mental stamina is part of training to run.. We'll see.

After that, I picked Matt up from school, took a brief nap, and went over to Cait's to say hi. We ended up eating dinner at Trinity and having a few drinks :) For dinner, I had an organic turkey burger on a wheat bun with guacamole and tomato and a TON of fries. I kept thinking, I'm not going to eat this whole thing, that's a ton...I cut the burger in half- but then I ate both halves. I tried to push some of the fries off on Cait, but she wasn't having it, so I ate them...all. Wow. My steel resolve from the WW meeting to loose more weight this week didn't last long.

I'm guessing 9pts for the burger and 7pts for the fries. I also had a Stella 3pts. And wine at 3 later for 6pts.

WEDNESDAY STATS:
Points: 34/24
Weekly Allowance Points: 17 left/35 weekly
Activity Points Earned: 2 today/4 week
Exercise: C25K W4D1
Weekly Weight Loss: -.8 lbs / 22.4 lbs total

Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

2 comments:

  1. Hey a loss is a loss, great job!! :)

    And another positive this is that you estimated your points for your meal last night! You could have just as easily not estimated or taken it off your weekly allowance points! NSV!! :)

    Fingers crossed for you for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! Odd side note- I had to look up NSV (which I should have recognized as a non scale victory) but this is what google came up with:

    Net Sales Value
    No-Scalpel Vasectomy
    Non-Scale Victory
    Nationalistische Studentenvereniging

    I just thought that was funny.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you guys!