Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 14: Day 6

Can I just not blog about my food today? That would be great, thanks.

Aside from ODing on fatty foods today, I was feeling much better and I did get a very pleasant surprise!! Allison texted me in the morning to see if I was up for a quick day's visit!! She's got a full house up in DC and wanted a little R&R and some time to work on a project. YES! I was super excited, but didn't get my hopes up because I didn't want to distract her from her work.

For breakfast- yep, you guessed it- chocolate pretzel again 1pt. I would have had something else, but it was kind of late when Matt and I got going on our day.

I promise not to eat this again for breakfast the whole week! It throws my healthy mentality off. Matt and I had some work to get done so we headed in to lab where I ran into CJ. I ended up hardly making a dent in what I had promised myself to do and instead going on a walk w/ her and convincing Matt to take a lunch break with us when Nathan, CJ's fiance, came to meet her. We ended up at B-Dubs. I know- weight watchers hell-hole. I had 8 boneless wings for 15pts with water and celery.

After lunch, I left Matt at work and came home and cleaned the house for Allee (+1 activity pt)!! Can you tell I love cleaning? I do a little almost everyday. Bear gets antsy when the house is too clean because he knows if I run out of things to clean, he's going to get a bath! :)

After cleaning, Bear and I went to get Matt from work. He went inside and met some of Matt's lab-mates, Tim and Chris. I can't believe everyone was working so hard on a Saturday! When we got home, I went for my C25K W4D2 run. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first time! I'm still doing interval training. Today was running 16 out of 21 minutes. I can't believe how fast it went by! That's what I love about the C25K program- you make a little progress day to day, but it really shows in the long run! Including warm up and cool down, it was a little over 2 mi, but just 1.68 for the 21.5 minutes. While I was at the gym, Allee texted saying she wanted to go when she got in town, so I postponed the easy elliptical I was planning until she got here.

When I finished, I decided to forgo the shower since I'd be heading back to the gym in a bit anyway with Allison. I made Darci's Fiesta Chicken and Rice Bake for dinner!! It is DEFINITELY worth making. When Allee got in, we had the chicken (I had 1/2 serving) 3pts, some sister shubert rolls (I had 3) 3pts, and a side salad with ff Itallian 0pt.
Deeeelish!

After dinner, letting our food settle, and a little homework for Allee, we convinced ourselves to hit the gym instead of just talking about it. I thought that I was going to have an easy elliptical workout! I should have known better with my Allee-bo in town! :) We hit it hard at the gym. I did random resistance from 1-8 and kept it above 6mph most of the time, but above 5 the whole time. The positive competition of being next to Allee was awesome. She's a little stronger than me, but it just made me push harder. Not to mention, we were the only ones in the building so we bellowed some breathless tunes from our ipods while going. Super fun. I am still reeling from how great it was. Sorry, no pic, I left my phone in the apt. For both gym sessions (1 hr plus) I got +9 activity points!

I would have been happy points-wise if we would have gone to sleep then, it was after 10 when we got home and showered. Instead, we decided to meet up with a few friends, play got-got and cards, and ended up staying up until the wee hours of the morning- I think the clock started with a 4 when everything was over and done with! Wow- I am too old for this funny business! I had some beer while with friends for 5pts, which wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't stopped by Waffle House (at the request of our passengers) when we were taking people home at night. I had a buscuit and gravy (1/2 what's pictured, Matt and I split) for 13pts. Bad kid, but there's nothing I can do about it now, except not do that again.
Ew- does that even look appetizing? Not really.

The end! Tomorrow's going to come earrrrrly. See you then! Good luck racers!! Darci and Bobbi are running tomorrow, send them your love!

SATURDAY STATS:
Points: 40/24
Weekly Allowance Points: 0 left/35 weekly
Activity Points Earned: 10 today/15 week
Exercise: C25K W4D2, elliptical, cleaning
Weekly Weight Loss: -.8 lbs / 22.4 lbs total

Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!