Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 15: Day 3

Today was...a day. That's about all there is to say about that.

It was rainy and gross this morning and that must have messed with my mood. I was "off" all day. We got up early to take Bear to the vet to get his "pockets emptied," and I was not ready to get out of bed. I had a Smart Ones English Muffin Sandwich for 4pts for breakfast.

I spent yet another morning in the design lab working on programs. I am so so ready to be finished with my master's degree and not have any more classes!! Now, if I could just get a job. :) 

I had a gloomy morning. I pretty much acted like Eeyore all day. I think the rain clouds were following me around. I don't know what was up. I ended up going home for lunch instead of eating what I took to school to try and turn my day around. I had leftover chicken fiesta bake for lunch. It was the last of the leftovers which meant there was a little extra rice and cheese in this one so I'm counting 8pts instead of 6.

I spent the afternoon grading homework and feeling sorry for myself at having to exist on such a yucky and cold spring day- I know, I was a brat today mood-wise. Eventually, I went and picked up Matt from work and Little Bear from the vet. He was sooo happy to see Matt and I. It made my day a little better.

At home, I had a little less than a serving of organic granola for 2pts. I stopped by the grocery on my way home earlier and impulse bought the maple and walnut kind- it was so good. Good impulse buy, although eventually I want to make my own.
About 2xs this (>1/4 cup)

I hit the road shortly after for the second pick-me-up in the day- dinner with the sis and her BFF, Nilakshi. We went to Zazu's a wraps place near school. It was really different, but I liked the atmosphere and getting to talk to Ramjie and Nil is always nice. I had a chicken curry wrap and ate ~1/2 for 7pts. Wow- looked that up when I got home- glad I didn't eat more!! :)

After wraps, we went next door for my personal favorite part of the night- ARCH'S YOGURT! (Om nom nom). I had ff wow cow (reduced cal) mocha chocolate, 3.5 oz. The best part, looked it up when I got home- 2pts! Ummm anyone up for Arch's again tomorrow?

I should be spending the rest of my night grading, but we'll see if I can muster the umph to get it done. I feel dazed from the day. I think its a combination of the weather, having been behind at school and just now catching up, money, and worry about what's next in life for me. 

Everything will work out in the end. God's got me so nothing bad will happen (even if that means my perspective on "bad" needs to change). We'll see where life takes me. I've been working my tush off to get where I am for umm 19 years of school?? I'm looking forward to getting a break and evaluating exactly where that is. So thankful I have such a great hubby and family to support.

I just got off the phone w/ Cait and she's going to come over to watch Cougar town in a bit! I've gotta get my C25K workout in so see you tomorrow!

WEDNESDAY STATS:
Points: 23/24
Weekly Allowance Points: 35 left/35 weekly
Activity Points Earned: 0 today/4 week
Exercise: nadda
Weekly Weight Loss: -2.2 lbs / 24.6 lbs total

Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

3 comments:

  1. sorry you had a bum day! i was a little "off" today too! hopefully we'll be back to our chipper selves SOON!!

    great job on looking up your points!! great habit to get into! and i'm super jealous of your 2 point ice cream...mine today was 13 MORE!!! YIKES!!!

    Sounds like you have a good outlook w/everything you have going on! With God on your side who can be against you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry...one more thing! What are you getting your masters in?

    oh and glad you liked the fiesta chicken!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, Darci. I think today will definitely be better. :) And that Blizzard looked AMAZING! Its probably good that we don't have a DQ in C-ville. :)

    I'm getting my master's in Mechanical Engineering from UVa. Can't wait to be doneeee!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you guys!