Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 38: 2/17/2010 Ash Wednesday

Made it past Tuesday- thank goodness, but now I have a crazy amount of work piled up for the rest of the week. Got up this morning and grabbed a granola bar 2pts before driving Matt to work. I had to take the car into the shop today so I decided to run errands and then work from home until my appt.
 
After dropping Matt, I ran a few errands and then came home, played with Bear, and graded papers- its an uphill battle all the way to get these graded before the next assignment is due. I had ravioli with spinach and marinara sauce for 5pts with a diet sunkist 0pts for lunch while working at my desk.

 

At noon, I went to mass at St. Thomas with Cait for Ash Wednesday and the first day of Lent. I toyed with a lot of ideas on what to give up for 40 days for my fast. In the past, I gave up hitting my sisters (age 7 or 8), soda (some time in high school), speaking to or seeing my boyfriend at the time (age 17), chocolate (age 18), and alcohol (age 20- shouldn't have been a challenge b/c i was underage, but it was). Some of those were harder than others, but they were all memorable fasts; so this year, I thought about what would be most fruitful to staying focused on God for 40 days and prepare me for Easter. 

The candidates were- drum roll please- giving up alcohol (vetoed by Cait and the fact that I'm in grad school), giving up cussing (I decided its so reactionary that I'm going to try to stop anyway but not have it be my conscious fast), giving up tv (well I watch hulu), giving up hulu (this was definitely a contender), and giving up caffeine. While there are a lot of good options there, I was talking to Matt and he said that I could also choose to do something every day for 40 days. OK- so that's new. Positive fasting?? So like instead of not eating, I eat extra? Exciting. So out with the old and in with the new, I'm going to try this positive fasting idea. I'm going to read a chapter from the Bible every day. I think this will also be the best for where I am in my life right now too. Good words, good times.

After mass, I went to Jamie's and let Miss Hammy out. She's always sooooo excited to see her Aunt Casey. Love it. I then had to take the car into the shop....I think its getting a bit redundant if I qualify this with AGAIN??! So car fixed, I headed home for a bit. I had 3pts of chips and guac while reading my weight watchers materials from the meeting the day before. I'm going to have to work on learning to use setpoints values.

 

After that, I went to get my eyebrows waxed at Oasis Spa for my first weight related reward! (See right side of blog.) After that, I dropped the car off with Matt and headed home w/ Cait to study. I tried to set up the PC tablet for grading. I was having issues when I first tried to use it. Still no luck- calibrating the touch screen isn't working. I'm going to have to talk to Larry and put grading off until this is resolved. After a while, Cait and I met Jamie at the gym for a work out- I did the elliptical for 30 mins + 4 activity pts before I started to have pain while breathing. Wah oh. I switched to lower intensity on the stationary bike for the last 25 mins for another +2 activity pts. After that, we went to Jamie's and had some more chips and guac for another 3pts.
Then we headed home to make dinner. We had meatless spaghetti with WW mozzarella cheese (I had wheat noodles, yuck) 4pts, lemon broccli 1pt, a ciabatta roll with 1/4 tsp. olive oil 3pts, and an artichoke with lemon butter sauce (light on the butter) 1pt-- and of course, diet sunkist 0pts.
 
 

After dinner, I was sooo excited about watching Cougar Town, but then it was a rerun and I was totally deflated so I decided to go to bed early.

NOTE: My daily pts allowance has decreased because I am now in the 180's. I now get 25 points per day.

WEDNESDAY STATS:
Points: 22/25
Weekly Allowance Points: 30 remaining/35 weekly
Activity Points Earned: 6 today/6 week
Exercise: 0
Weekly Weight Loss: -4.2 lbs / -12 lbs total 

Hope to see less of each other next time!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you guys!